Thank you to Denise @ The Bibliolater for tagging me!
1. Have you ever damaged your own book?
Nope. I’ve only only owned a few physical book in my lifespan so far.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
Not that I can think of but I may have.
3. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends on how interested I am in the book and if I have to sit down and just read the book as well as the how I’m reading it (ebook vs audiobook vs physical). For example, it took me about 2 weeks to read AGOS (it was with audiobook & ebook) because I didn’t really have time to sit down and read it. Whereas Symptoms of Being Human (it was a physical copy) took me a few hours as I was able to sit down and read it. Both books I was super interested in but both took a different amount of time.
4. Books that you haven’t finished?
The ones I can remember of the top of my head + my Goodreads DNF list are the 4th ASOIAF book (I think it was the 4th…it was orange I think), Fight Club, The Ables & Casket of Souls. I’m sure I’ve DNF more books I just can’t remember them.
5. Hyped/popular books that you don’t like?
Please don’t hate me. The Mortal Instruments (I read like 3 or 4 books, I liked the concept but the love story thing with Clary & Jace irritated/annoyed me), Carry On, John Green books, The Maze Runner, The Wrath and The Dawn & ACOTAR. I’m sure there’s more but I don’t want you all to hate me.
6. Is there a book that you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
The Shades of Grey series for sure! And sort of the explicit m/m stories I read, or LGBTIA+ (that are obvious…but this is more of rl people than online people but there are some rl people I would tell).
7. How many books do you own?
A lot. I own something like <20 physical books but a lot of ebooks.
8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
I’m fast reader but sometimes I can be a slow reader
9. Do you like to buddy read?
I haven’t really done a buddy read but I have done read alongs which were fun so I image a buddy read would be even more fun.
10. Do you read better in your head or out loud?
This depends. For fiction books in my head but when it comes to proofreading stuff I’m better with whisper reading out loud. It really forces me to slow down and actual see if I made mistakes.
11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?